Wednesday, March 5, 2008

List # 4: Cafe Writing: Seven people who have influenced me.

I checked out Cafe Writing for the first time tonight. I had really wanted to do a month full of lists (challenge from NaBloPoMo) and I just am dragging this month. Tonight I am going to incorporate the Cafe Writing Challenge with my list challenge.

Here is my list of Seven People Who Have Influenced Me.

1. Kathleen L. - I don't know that she would really want her full name here, so I am editing a bit. Kathleen is who I consider to be my mentor and has been extremely influential in my professional life. I sought employment in the field I am currently employed in because of a desire to emulate her. She was/is a university administrator who has "semi resigned" to teach instead of "administer". She is highly intelligent, thoughtful, kind and someone I would like to be exactly like some day. She has helped me navigate some tough situations in my professional life and gives sage advise.
2. Gran Ennis. When I was four years old my great grandmother made me feel as though I was the most important person in the world to her. She was interested in me, in what I was interested in, and in giving her time to making memories with me. She was an amazing woman and I have wonderful memories of her.
3. My mother. A while ago - in November - I blogged about my mother on my original blog. Please click HERE to see what I wrote about here then.
4. My extremely handsome brother Justin, whom I also wrote about HERE.
5. Mukiwa. Technically Muk is not a "person" but a dog. She was our pet for five years and recently lost her fight with hip dysplasia and was put to sleep. But she influenced me. She was my driving companion. My working companion. She used to get SO very excited when I cam home from work that she ran in circles over the road and under the culvert and she brought a smile to my face every day when I arrived home. I miss her desperately and the unconditional love she offered in my imperfect life.
6. Shel. My spouse of 11 years. I have written about Shel here, and here.
7. E. B. When I was 20 years old she kissed me. I had never been kissed by a woman and at the same time that I was thrilled beyond measure and TOTALLY in love, I was terrified by the thought of all it meant for my future, my religion and my parents dreams for me.

1 comment:

paisley said...

i enjoyed this post as well as being able to go back in time to the links about your wonderful childhood and mother,, and the time you spent with your brother.. this is my first time here,, and this was an excellent post,, ot should i say grouping of posts to begin with...