Thursday, March 27, 2008

thursday thirteen: trips to take this summer

Thirteen Things about lovesmukiwa


Here are 13 trips I would like to take this summer. My spouse did this list also, and I hope that we have some matches. I am not going to look at her list until I have done mine.
1. Disneyworld. This is a bit of a cheat since I know there is a chance that I will be attending a conference here and I would like to take S with me.
2. The Beaver at Beaverlodge.
3. A bed and breakfast - anywhere really, but a nice getaway for us.
4. Edmonton Pride festival. We haven't been to a pride festival since we left Utah.
5. Toronto Pride Festival. I would LOVE to go to Toronto. I put it on the list but I don't know if realistically we will make it this year. The indigo girls are singing there and it would ROCK to go to a concert. ( Shel asked me about this last night so I think it might show up on her list)
6. R family cruise.
7. Lake Louise.
8. Camping with the dogs. It has been a LONG time since we camped. I thought immediately of how much Muk would love it but silly me, she is no longer with us, so it will be Zuva's first camping trip.
9. White water rafting. There is a place in Grande Cache that would be fun to check out.
10. Utah. With a stop off at Ogden Pizzeria and Burrito Grande
11. Seattle. Again, I don't know how realistic it is that we would make it to Seattle, but I haven't been there in a long time and it would be nice to go as a family to some of the festivals they have there.
12. Edmonton Heritage Festival
13. Falher Honey Festival. I don't really know much about this one but it sounds cool and since I have always wanted my own bees.....

And since I put in a couple that were unrealistic here are some late additions (and I have looked at my spousal units list already so I am pilfering some ideas from her) that will more a little more practical if we don't win the lottery in the next few weeks.

- IMAX

- Children's museum

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


1 comment:

Byrning Bunny said...

We did have some in common.

Go check this out. Powerful post: http://darkdaughta.blogspot.com/2008/03/thirteen-images-of-innocent-iraqi.html