Wednesday, September 3, 2008

soccer family

For as long as I can remember my family has been very involved in soccer. We have played together, we have played against one another. I played in high school, at university and after university. My brother's both played in high school and after high school. Both my sisters play.
(I think I am the only one of the kids in the family who doesn't play currently).
I have coached teams - including my old high school team and teams my younger brother played on. I have also refereed. Needless to say we all love the game.
My brother (J2) now has a family with two children. He works full time and his wife works and as he has gotten older he has sacrificed some of the things in his life that he did when he was younger. One of those thing has NOT been soccer. He plays through injuries and illnesses and he is darn good at what he does.
This year the outdoor season has just ended for him and he sent me a copy of the local paper which updates stats. My little bro is the high scorer for his whole division! He scored 18 goals this season.
Way to go bro :)
You can tell in this picture of him here what an athlete he was going to turn out to be. LOL

I like to think it has something to do with what an incredible coach I was when you were learning the elementary skills in days of yore.

No comments: