Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: things I never expected in my life

Here are 13 things I didn't expect from my life:

#1. I never expected I would be the jungle gym and car track and general playtoy for a 2 year old.
#2. I never expected to live in a small town.
#3. I never expected to be working on a Masters degree in Education.
#4. I never expected to live so far away from my parents.
#5. I never expected to have a 30 year mortgage. (LOL)
#6. I never expected to live to my 30's.
#7. I never expected to own a minivan and like it!
#8. I never expected that I would be living as a married lesbian woman with children.
#9. I never expected the USA to have a black president, but I am grateful it happened in my lifetime.
#10. I never expected that I would not have returned to Africa.
#11. I never expected that I would have been able to love so many children who are not my own.
#12. I never expected to know so much about babies with drug addictions.
#13. I never expected anyone would use the word "calm" to describe me.

No comments: