Thursday, December 18, 2008

reducing my caffeine intake



I have changed my goal from "giving up coke" to "reducing my caffeine intake". This change will enable me to be more successful, because I honestly don't think I truly desire to give up Coke forEVer.
My SU thought it would be a good idea for me to try this over the Christmas break so I could be at home and if I happened to experience mind blowing pain of withdrawals I would not subject anyone around me to my screams of agony. I agree with her, but at the same time I have no intention of spending my precious days off work writhing on the floor and crying. This let me to believe I should start reducing my intake of caffeine immediately so that when my vacation days arrive if I cut caffeine out of my diet completely I won't experience withdrawals quite as dramatic. I am doing ok with it so far. By OK, I mean..... it hurts but I'm upright and I can still see.
Yesterday I had to stop and buy a drink from the vending machine in the middle of the day because a wicked migraine was descending and I could feel it behind my eyes. I didn't have any coke last night when I went home. When I am at work I drink coffee which is something I have only just started to do since moving to Fairview. I drink it because I am cold. I hate cold and coffee tastes ok with half a cup of sugar and half a cup of cream. (I have to drink from a very large mug to fit it all in). I just wish it tasted as good as it smells! Yesterday I had two cups of coffee and a coke. That is a big improvement over two or more cups of coffee and three or more cans of coke. I woke up this morning with a really bad headache and got up right away and took a grandpa powder. If those headaches get a hold of me I am doomed. Today I have had one cup of coffee and no cokes. So far the headache seems to be staying away and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I'll keep you updated.

No comments: