Friday, February 13, 2009

music memoirs: top five songs that horrify you


I found this meme courtesy of the Bumbles blog which you can link to here.
I LOVE music, and this seemed like a perfect way to incorporate music into my blog each week. Thanks Bumbles!
You can link to music memoirs here.

This week the topic was to list the top five songs that horrify you and explain why.

Here are my top five horrific songs. (usually I would leave a link so you could check out the songs on youtube or some other site, but in this case, because they are horrifying, I will not subject you to the pain)

1. John Mayer "Say what you need to say"
Do I really need to explain why this song is horrifying? I believe the song was written for the movie "The Bucket List" and it appears as though John was asked to write a song, given a title, and couldn't come up with any lyrics so he repeats himself a thousand times. Pain. Pure pain.

2. Leona Lewis. "Keep Bleeding"
I think Leona is talking about her bleeding ears after listening to John Mayer Say what he needs to say. Only Leona suffers from the same lyrical constipation and can only repeat the same words over and over.

3. Jordin Sparks. "Tattoo"
"You're on my heart just like a tattoo". Now I am not usually so critical of song lyrics that don't make sense. I am a fan of Corey Hart for crying out loud, so I have tolerance for bad lyrics. The idiot wears his sunglasses at night, but somehow this line by Jordin Sparks -"You're on my heart just like a tattoo" ANNOYS the ink right out of my own tattoos.

4. Anything by Billy Ray Cyrus. The man completely horrifies me.

5. La Bamba. I have nothing else to say about that one.

No comments: