Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: thirteen things I love about my spouse

Today is time for Thursday Thirteen at the same time as it is 12 of 12. How lucky are YOU blog readers to get two posts in one day? Seriously, if you are that lucky, go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket RIGHT NOW. (or just link to other participants HERE)



Since this week is Valentines day, here are 13 things I love about my spouse:



1. She takes awesome photographs. We have a daily photo journal of our lives and I could look at her pictures for days and days. Unfortunately I am in a LOT of photos and I need to take more of her to balance the equation.

2. She has a perspective on the world that is insightful and refreshing. She is a "glass half full" person.

3. She has a great blog, she is an excellent writer and this week she posted one of my all time favorite posts which you can link to here: http://byrningbunny.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/heads-or-tails-tuesdays-a-love-story/

4. She is very intelligent and a voracious reader. She is always seeking new information and has a wealth of knowledge.

5. She is amazing with animals. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they interact with animals and children. Shel is a "feed the animals before you feed yourself" person.

6. She has a wonderful sense of humor and we laugh together. I love the sound of her laughter. We have recently started to watch America's funniest home videos together on Sunday nights and I look forward to this laughing time together.

7. When I am reading and I don't know what a word means, I can ask her and it is quicker than getting out a dictionary.

8. She is amazing with children. Yesterday we went to a new friends house so our kids could play together. The little girl went right up to Shel to talk to her. Kids sense how loving she is and are attracted to her right away. Our kids are completely in love with her - and how could they not be?

9. She is way, way, way more organized than I am. She can get a task done in 1/3 of the time it takes me. She has a way of breaking things down and getting them accomplished while I am still thinking about it. She will say - "You clean the basement because I can get everything done in the time it will take you to do one thing!"

10. She finds the beauty in life. One of the things she blogs about are "three beautiful things". I look forward to this post of hers and I look for beautiful things more because of her. Wherever I am I think "Shel would love this". She also CREATES beauty around her. She attracts things that are beautiful to her. We have a yard full of beautiful birds and the yard and home will look more and more beautiful the more time she has to spend in it. She stops to smell the roses and I am learning to! When we are driving we will stop so she can check something out that she has seen along the way. This is a picture of her "emerging" from an exporation into the woods.



11. She is brave. She will go to the door to look and see what's knocking, while I look for a baseball bat or hide under the covers. She will also rescue me from mice (which she takes outside and frees).

12. We make a great team.

13. She has good taste in women!

1 comment:

The Bumbles said...

I couldn't agree more with #5. I don't trust people who don't like either kids or animals. They don't have to like both - but if they don't like one or the other I'm outta there - they just might be a serial killer ;0)