Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ten on Tuesday: ten great bands



The topic today is ten great bands. I was excited to do make this list and then I started it and got all confused. I like a LOT, I mean a LOT more than 8 bands, and what classifies a group as a band anyway? I think it means they play instruments, but does everyone have to play an instrument? What if there is just a lead singer who doesn't play anything? and how many people does there need to be in order to be counted as a band? 2? If the criteria is two people with only one playing a musical instrument you know what that means don't you?
Yup. The Carpenters are a band. Did you see that coming?

So assuming everyone thinks the Carpenters are a great band and it's a "gimme" then can I also assume that the Beatles are a "gimme"?

I am having a REAL hard time limiting this to ten.
In no particular order (and subject to change at any time)....

1. Creed






2. Dave Matthews Band

3. Toad the Wet Sprocket




4. Hedley

5. Maroon 5

6. Indigo Girls (are they a BAND? they play musical instruments so I included them)





7. The Police

8. Dixie Chicks

9. Journey

10. Matchbox20




But how do you not include INXS (the original), Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi and Aerosmith?

What about Warrant? I know you just starting humming "She's my cherry pie.." as soon as you read Warrant.
I don't know. I think this list is completely unsatisfying.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

There were soooooo many bands to choose from. I like a few on your list.

Thanks for stopping by mine :)