Wednesday, June 3, 2009

procrastination

I keep thinking that I am getting better at NOT procrastinating, but I am simply getting better at deluding myself.
I have a midterm exam coming up this Friday night. I have the questions. I have the material from which to gather the answers. Here I sit - on Wednesday - and I have not prepared anything for this exam. Which , by the way, is worth 30 percent of my final grade.
One would think that because I have not been blogging that I have been working hard. I have been working hard, just on things to distract myself. What I hate most about the way in which I choose to procrastinate is that I spend time doing useless things. I don't want to feel guilty for doing things I LIKE to do, so I do things that purely waste time.
I think I should come to a decision that IF I am going to continue to procrastinate then I need to actually pick up a book, write to my sister, make pajamas for my boys, do some yard work, do some housework, do ANYTHING that is slightly more productive than plotting spreadsheets to determine which crop will make the most money on farmtown.
Oh - and I even set up a twitter account. I am sitting here shaking my head at myself.

No comments: