Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ten on tuesday: ten guilty pleasures on tv


I am a total television addict. I said this to my spouse yesterday when we were watching "newlywed, nearly dead" and the lady on the show said to the husband (who spent hours a day playing WOW) that spending three hours a day doing something could be characterised as an "addiction". I am therefore "addicted" to television.


SOOO.... since I absolutely watch MORE than 10 television shows I will have to whittle down my list.


1. Big Brother - this is my summer guilty pleasure. I actually watch less television in the summer, but I watch BB religiously.


2. Obsession - I am addicted to this new show. (har har)


3. Iditarod - this special comes out once a year- usually after Christmas, but I watch it religiously, even though I already know the outcome.


4. UFC - I no longer pay for the pay per view because it is simply too expensive and now no longer a "specialty" event. The dang things air once a month almost. But I do watch fight night and I love the Ultimate Fighter.


5. House Hunters - I always try to guess which house they will buy. My spouse and I choose which one we would buy of the three homes profiled.


6. The New Newlywed show - a total crack up.


7. Wipeout - the commentators of this show make it worth watching.


8. Still Standing - This show totally makes me laugh and I watch it whenever I can find an episode.


9. Scripps National Spelling Bee - is there anyone who doesn't watch spelling bees and LOVE them?


10. and when I subscribe to the soccer channel - I watch every single Liverpool game I possibly can, and the world cup every four years.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

I haven't heard of some of the ones on your list, but I may have to check them out ...

kendahl a. said...

I love Still Standing! They play reruns of it late at night so it's one I actually get to watch sometimes. It's hilarious!

Thanks for stopping by the blog!

Anonymous said...

I like House Hunters, too.

Jennifer Coomer said...

Obsessed is a fascinating and informative show. Sometimes it makes me really sad. But I'm glad it's out there bringing information and awareness to people. I find it all very intriguing. I like to watch Intervention as well.

I'm excited for Big Brother to start! Should be soon, right?

I played, too!

lv2scpbk said...

I like Big Brother and Wipeout and House Hunters.