Thursday, August 20, 2009

Important things

I believe that we make time in life for the things that are important to us. This is why I get SOOO frustrated a few times a year when all the things that I believe are important to me seem to get less and less of my time as I am spending time doing "other" things.

For this week and for the foreseeable future I am so busy at work that I don't see the cycle ending anytime soon. I have even started draft blogs about seven different times and have not finished any of them because I have not had the time I feel I need to write what I WANT to.

The thing for me about believing in things is that sometimes my beliefs come into conflict when it comes time to act on the belief. I believe that what is important to me will be reflected in how I will spend my time. I also believe that it is better to do a good job than to do a job poorly and have to do it again. I also believe that the details ARE important. I believe my kids are growing up too fast and I am missing time with them that I can never replace. Max called me today on the phone and Shel said he was signing me a story! (The surgery for his hearing is scheduled for September 10 and we hope beyond hope it will change his life for the better)

... this post almost took a segue there and turned into something I was not intending but which I can write about later. My point in posting this at all was to say that I am frustrated I have not posted recently. I feel like I have lots to write about and not enough time to do it.

Oh well. Perhaps I can save some of these ideas for a rainy day?

No comments: