Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Meme ... musical meme

It’s a musical meme stolen from Popping Bubbles who took it from Citizen Janey.

1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?I would have to say I own a lot of Indigo Girls.... yeah, that's it.
2. What was the last song you listened to?
Uhhhh. Usually I am listening to music in my office but today I have the mute button on so I can talk to R in the other office. So.. the last song I listened to was on the radio on my way to work and what the hey was it.......The Magic Touch by the Platters.
3. What’s in your record/cd player right now?
Well, since I don't have a CD player....
4. What song would you say sums you up?
I would say that the song that sums me up would have to be....You Learn, by Alanis Morissette.
5. What was the last show you attended?
I think the last concert we went to was in Utah when we lived there ....WAYYYY too long ago.... and I am pretty sure it was IG
6. What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
I like most live music.... I would LOVE to see U2 in Vegas this year...
7. What’s the worst band you’ve ever seen in concert?
So the worst live music I have ever heard was Wilson Phillips and they were DREADFUL. PAINFUL. HORRENDOUS. GAG-O-RIFIC.
8. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
I have always been an INXS fan, but I LOATHE J.D. Fortune.
9. What show are you looking forward to?
U2 in Vegas. I have no tickets though. so I hope I win some on the radio or someone gives me some?
10. What is your favorite band shirt?
Finger 11
11. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Rob Thomas
12. What musician would you like to be in love with for a day?
Rob Thomas, but I am already in love with him so I would like him to be in love with ME for one day....
13. Sabbath or solo Ozzy? Sabbath
14. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie? Commodores
15. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal? Hip Hop
16. Name four flawless albums: 1. Indigo Girls: Despite our Differences. 2. Dixie Chicks: Taking the Long Way. 3. Sting: Fields of Gold. 4. Leahy: Leahy
17. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek? What? I resent being called a geek.
18. What was the greatest decade for music? Well, I didn't like the 70's much at all. I liked the 80's most, but 90's were pretty good and I am a sucker for the Andrews Sisters of the 40's and 50's.
19. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own? None. I don't buy DVD's ever.
20. Do you like Journey? Sure. I listen to the CD in the van and sing at the top of my lungs. Who doesn't?
21. What is your favorite movie soundtrack? uhhhhh.....definitely NOT Armageddon. One f my favorites of all time is the City Of Angels Soundtrack.
22. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles
23. What’s the crappiest CD/record/etc. you’ve ever bought? I have two... The first one we bought at a truck stop thinking it was the Beatles, but it was "Country Stars sing the Beatles." Unfortunately it was no country star I ever heard of and the Beatles songs remixed to country SUCKED. The second was a Christmas Album - of which I have many, many, many, but I do not recommend Gloria Estevan Christmas album to anyone. Ever.
29. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs? I LOVE vinyl. I have no record player however which males listening to vinyl a little difficult.

2 comments:

perpstu said...

#4 - awesome song. I love Alanis!
#6 - I am going to the U2 show and I am so excited I can hardly see straight!
#8 - JD Fortune is no Michael Hutchence replacement. Period.
#11 &#12 - I adore Rob Thomas!

Awesome answers. Your musical tastes sound as eclectic as mine!

JCB said...

I AM SOOOOOOO Jealous that you are going to U2 - Jealous, but happy for you!