Thursday, November 5, 2009

all messed up

Some things have changed in my schedule at work and for the first time in six years I am not working late nights on Thursdays, but on Wednesdays instead. There are some things I like about, but there is one thing in particular that I HATE about it. I cannot get used to the fact that when I go into work the day AFTER my late night it is NOT Friday. I am so accustomed to coming in to work just one more day after my late night shift and then having my weekend. I have been working this new schedule for almost a month already and it has messed me up completely. All day Thursday I think it is Friday and I am ridiculously sad to get up on Friday morning and realize I have to go into work because it is not the weekend. It also seems to "chop" my week into weird parts.... I don't get as much done in the week before my late shift and my two days afterwards feel like a hazy mess. It's a real mind f&^%.
When I walked out of the building tonight I said to two students "Have a good weekend" to which they responded "Oh - do you get the day off tomorrow?" I could have cried on the spot.
I am not a person who typically has any aversion to change at all, but this change has messed with my whole groove and I am struggling to get back into it.

No comments: