Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Is it just me?

I am a pessimist. I have acknowledged this about myself a LONG time ago. Sometimes - like today - I think that being a pessimist is a drag. It's my last day of work before the holidays. I am excited. I am THRILLED. Then I get one phone call and it sets me over the edge and spiralling into negativity. I have absolutely no control over the issue raised in the phone call. There is nothing I can do about it now. I WILL have an opportunity to voice my concerns and share my opinion on the subject in January. I just don't know how to "let it go".
Partially I am mad that the person who called would not keep the information to themselves until January - knowing there is nothing to be done.
I REALLY need to learn the skill of letting go.....

No comments: