Tuesday, January 5, 2010

lists verses resolutions

I don't know how I feel about resolutions. I like the idea of them but they seem to be things that people set out to do at the beginning of the year that fade into memory and just become things that people regret NOT having done by the end of the year. I don't formally set any kind of new years resolution myself, but I have done, and I may get excited about the idea at some later point in my life.
I do that... change my mind.
What I enjoy however, really, really, REALLY,enjoy, is making lists of things to do and checking things off that list. One of the blogs I follow, poppingbubbles, posted a list of 99 things to accomplish on her blog and then updated the list at the end of the year with the things she had accomplished. I like the idea LOTS. (You can link to it HERE).
So I have decided that I am going to do the same. I am going to make a list of 99 things I want to accomplish this year and I will keep you updated.
Here is the beginning of my list:

1. Sort through the box in my bedroom closet that I have moved to two different households without sorting through.
2. Write monthly letters to my sons. ( I am thinking this should actually count as 24 "things to do" and not one. Depending on how much I get accomplished I may change this later!)
3. Start my thesis.
4. Finish my thesis.
5. Participate in Chad Darnell's 12 of 12 every month.
6. Go to a movie, in a theater, with my spouse.
7. Clean out the bathroom cupboard.
8. Do at least ONE cross stitch project.

91 to go!

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I never make resolutions as I never keep 'em ... then I feel like I've let myself down.

Karin said...

Great start! I never make resolutions because I ALWAYS give them up. I like a list of to-dos or goals better. I love #2, I should do that for my son...see, now I'm stealing your ideas!