Wednesday, June 23, 2010

broken ankle .....


Shel broke her ankle. I was on my way out of town to run some errands. She sent me a text message... " I think I broke my ankle.". I turned the vehicle around immediately and came flying home. You would have to know Shel, but for her to send me a message saying she THOUGHT she broke something meant there was a serious problem.
The funny thing was that then she started to text me with things like..." It's pretty swollen so maybe it is just sprained.LOL"

I got home, got her loaded into the van (she only passed out once on the way out the door) and into town we went.

To make a long story short, she was too swollen last night for them to cast it so she is in a "half" cast with the back half of her leg in a cast and then the whole thing wrapped very tightly. We have to go back for more x-rays and stuff when the swelling goes down a little (about a week).

We are both relieved and frustrated that it happened while I am on days off from work. relieved because it would be impossible for her to be home with two boys and two dogs and a broken ankle. She is in a lot of pain today now that the adrenaline has all gone away also. We are frustrated because we were in the middle of doing a ton of projects which now we have to put off and we won't be able to get out of town at all. Bummer trails.

She did get a good library book today though - so although she is in pain I think she is glad she has a good book to read.

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I hope Shel's ankle is okay.

I twisted mine last Saturday and it's still swollen and sore. Ouch!

Retro Girl said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that she broke it. That's gotta be painful and frustrating! Especially with little ones around...Hope it heals fast for her!