Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: June Snapshot

1. Photo of me:

Would you believe there is no photo of me in June? My spouse broke her ankle and apparently it curtailed her taking of photographs

2. Something I accomplished this month from my list of things to do that I am most happy about: I had some days off in June and there was a lot of things I wanted to get done. I had planned to do ten "projects" - one for each day I had off from work. In a way I was using the idea of ten projects to help me get over the guilt of watching as much soccer as I was. I watched every world cup game that was televised during my time off (3 a day!) Unfortunately my plans to do a project a day were cut short when Shel fell and hurt herself and ended up in a cast. Prior to that I DID get some things done - sand delivered for the boys, dead trees cut down, loads of trips to the dump, and a LOT of old boys clothes and toys sorted and donated. I wish we knew someone with kids younger (and smaller) than ours who we could donate clothing to, but everyone we know is no smaller than our kids. Oh well. I'm glad we can donate stuff anyway. Getting the spare room worked on has been awesome.

3. What I am currently reading: I am currently reading " The Education of A Wandering Man by Louis L'Amour. I was enjoying it but I am having a devil of a time finishing it and I have some other books I want to get to quickly.

4. What was my favorite book to read this month: This month I started to read the Rangers Apprentice Series by John Flanagan. I am loving it and I am just waiting for book 6 to arrive at the library. It is on it's way!



5. Movie I saw: The other night we watched Twilight on TV and I'll be honest, I fell asleep before it ended. Whoops!

6. Something yummy I made this month: I barbecued chicken with a lemon and herb seasoning. It was yummy.

7. Something fun we did together as a family this month: We played at home lots this month. I had time off from work which was nice.

8. Something that made me cry: I don't think I cried this month. I might have cried on the inside when Shel broke her ankle....



9. Something that made me laugh: The boys make me laugh every day. C has the best facial expressions ever and Max is saying something new everyday. Some of it I have no idea where it comes from.

10. Something I looked forward to this month: WORLD CUP BABY, YEAH!

11. Something I am thankful for: Being able to call and talk to my mom so much this month.

12. Something I want to remember about this month: Watching world cup and talking to my mom. (I want to forget about the broken ankle saga!)

13. A photo I took this month:

No comments: