Monday, August 23, 2010

55 quirky questions for readers

This questionnaire was put together by Lydia over at the Literary Lollipop, but I took it from Pink Sheep Cafe.
I am starting with questions one through 11

1. Favourite childhood book:
I cannot remember a time when books were not a part of my life or when I didn't LOVE books. One of my fondest childhood memories was sitting in the kitchen at my grandmothers house listening to The Secret Garden being read on the radio. It is still one of my favorite books.

2. What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading The Necromancer (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #4) and Einstein's God: Conversations About Science and the Human Spirit.

3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Oh.. Let me check. Secret Daughter by Gowda, Shilpi Somaya; Linger by Stiefvater, Maggie; Mockingjay by Collins, Suzanne The Maze Runner by Dashner, James; and These is my Words by Turner, Nancy E.

4. Bad book habit? I don't think I have one.....

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
I currently have nine books checked out from the library. They are:

6. Do you have an e-reader?
I wish I did, but I don't... yet.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I much prefer to have one book on the go at a time, but I can and have read more than that. I don't like to and usually it only happens if I happen to leave a book at home and need something to read someplace else. If I am reading something non-fiction I might also read a fiction on the side, but not usually. Having said all of that I am currently reading two books!

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Actually not at all because I am not a regular blogger. What has impacted my reading habits has been going back to school and writing a thesis (by "writing a thesis" I mean 'THINKING about writing a thesis!) Blogging has impacted my journal keeping.

9. Least favourite book you read this year:The Bag Lady Papers: The Priceless Experience of Losing It All by Alexandra Penny.

10. Favourite book I’ve read this year: The Birth House, The Help, The Housekeeper and the Professor, Paths of Glory. I've read some good ones this year.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Interesting question. What is my comfort zone? I read just about anything. There was a time when I was not interested in reading science fiction but I read that now. I will try anything if someone recommends it to me which means I read out of my comfort zone as often as it is recommended!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooo....The Help!! I am listening to that right now on Audiobook. Actually, I've been listening to it for the better part of two months, but I friggin' love it!! It is my first audiobook experience and it has blown me out of the water so far. I imagine you read it rather than listened to it? I don't know if I would be enjoying it as much reading it myself, because there are so many characters being voiced that I might find it tough to keep track of them.

P.S. - I'm so excited you took something from my blog and credited me for it...it's a first for me. Yaaay!!

theliterarylollipop said...

Ah, Thesis writing. Don't you love it?

Thanks for participating! Great answers!