Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Why is it that when you are the MOST tired you are least able to sleep?
I am so tired my eye has been twitching for two days straight. As soon as I get ready to roll over and go to sleep at night one of the boys wakes up. Last night CJ was a bear. I don't know what was the problem or if he is just being a wacky two year old. Well - HE IS being a wacky two year old, and though I enjoy toddlers I am ready for this "stage" of development to be over and to have my sweet baby back. A monster swallowed him - and he walks around making monster sounds to prove it!
The amount of things that have to be accomplished in the next two months are just mind boggling - literally I am having trouble keeping track of everything I need to get accomplished on a daily basis.
My mom is in California, coming here next week, but I have been trying to keep in touch with her as much as possible while she is on the same continent as we are.
My brothers 13 month old is in the hospital in Calgary because he swallowed some cleaner accidentally and burned his innards very badly. (Shel moved all our cleaning supplies from the LOCKED cabinet under the sink to the tallest cupboard she could find in the house - even though my nephew didn't get into the cleaning cabinet!)
I have school three weekends this month and one weekend we are going to Edmonton for Thanksgiving with my other brother and family and my mom. I am still hoping to squeeze in getting a tattoo while we are in Edmonton since that was the original plan for the trip to Edmonton in the first place, but now it has turned into a mini reunion, which I am happy for - but I still want my tattoo!
My sister is getting married in Utah in November, and while I am thrilled for her she didn't give us much time to plan - AT ALL.
Somehow in amongst all this I will have to work, do homework, and most importantly find time to hang with my boys. It seems that the hanging with my boys part is the part that is suffering the most. I need to do some kind of shuffling of my life so I am not missing out on them.
I don't want the blog to fall by the wayside, but it is a challenge to come up with a spare minute. As it is I am robbing this minute from something else I am supposed to be working on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep breaths Julie, deep breaths!! Thinking good thoughts for you.

What kind of tattoo are you getting?

JCB said...

I am getting one for my sons. I wanted to wait until the adoptions were done but there is a tattoo convention in Edmonton and an opportunity to get tattooed by Jime Litwalk from the USA. I am getting a monkey riding a turtle (or a humpback whale). My Max is a monkey and CJ is my humpback whale..

Anonymous said...

That sounds perfect. I love tattoos so much. I pained over the decision to get one for a very long time. I just couldn't think of anything that I knew I would never regret having for the rest of my life. That's actually how the pink sheep happened along. He was a tattoo on my shoulder long before he was a blog star. I am, of course, the pink sheep of the family ;)

Teena in Toronto said...

I got tired just reading all that. Ha!

Can't wait to see pix of the tattoo!