Friday, October 29, 2010

missing blogging

I have been missing blogging recently. There are a couple of reasons things seem to have been impeding me.

I was on a good run and then I was away from a decent internet connection and it all just slipped away. I can't WAIT until we get a decent connection at home again. Shel and I have decided we want to get a Mac and so now we just need to work out the timing. I have never had a Mac but Shel has and loved it.

Since not having the connection I have gone through  some personal things and I have wanted to write about them but I still need to process them a bit.

I made a decision long ago not to write anything seriously about work here. Right now there is a lot of work stuff occupying my mind. Trying to balance what I "should" and "shouldn't" write about when it comes to work has also been in the back of my mind. I have some things to say that are important to me, but I need to find a way to post without causing myself any potential troubles.

It isn't for lack of ideas, but just lack of organization I guess that I haven't posted as much as I have wanted to recently. I WANT to get back to it, now I need to decide where to start.

This post is just an exercise in getting my fingers moving, like the exercise I used to do in writing class - stream of consciousness writing - just open the computer and start typing and maybe I will get out of my head and onto the "page". It might be easier to get my thoughts worked out if they are coming out of my head, the way it worked when I wrote faithfully in my journal.

1 comment:

The Bumbles said...

Smart approach. Writing something, anything, will always help you to write what you need to eventually.

As for Mac - I have experience the joy that is Apple via my iPad. I'm ditching my Dell laptop the next time it breaks for a Mac.