Wednesday, November 17, 2010

12 of 12 - Utah (November)

The purpose of 12 of 12 is for people to take 12 photos on the 12th of the month and post them. I took a LOT of pictures, but I was not at home so I didn't download them and post them to my blog. because I had such a great day I decided to post them here anyway....
Here is one THIRD of my awesome day (the camera battery died can you believe that?)

1. This is the view from my friends back deck. I cannot express in words what it is like to miss these mountains.  Seeing them again after 7 years away made my heart sing. I think it made me a little "happy drunk".
 2. Weber State University - or more specifically the building where I spent the majority of my undergraduate years. Mel is doing a Brigham Young Impression... "This is the Place!"

 3. This is my attempt at photography creativity. Mel did not appreciate my attempts and was hassling me wondering what I was wasting my time doing. Please note the statue AND the logo in the background on the side of the stadium!
 4. Student sleeping in the hallway. We were laughing so hard I was worried I would wake him up. Unfortunately we didn't get a good enough shot and so it looks like a headless person. University is tiring, especially before lunch.
 5. This picture is actually better if you see the three photos preceding. We were trying to get an action shot, but it wasn't working out. This is "faux" action cause it is action "POSED".

 6. If you leave a place and you are gone seven years, you may return to find the places you one liked to eat no longer in business. In the years we DID live in Ogden, this building turned over more times than I can count so I don't think any business is destined to be successful here.  So sad.

 7. MEXICAN FOOD!
I did it! I ate Mexican food!

 8.  Window displays get more and more realistic every day. The glass in these windows wrecked just about every picture I took of mannequins. It's sad really cause there were some SWEET photo opportunities.

 9. The thinker.
Between glass in the windows and me laughing so hard I couldn't hold the camera steady, the photos are not a great representation of how much fun we had.

 10. See's Candy.
Mel wanted to take my photo here but I wouldn't let her cause I am twice as big as her - times two!
The lady in the store was trying to tell us some interesting fact about chocolate and we were laughing so hard we couldn't even hear her. I actually thought she was talking to someone in the back of the store but apparently not. She was completely oblivious to our peals of laughter. She must have been on some other planet.
 11. So this guy walks by in a kilt with a skateboard. I go chasing after him to take h picture but people keep stepping in front of me. I am chasing him ( he had long legs he was cruising), Mel was chasing me laughing so hard she could hardly walk. I did manage to catch up with him though and I asked him to pose with Mel. He thought he scored, but Mel had to hold her nose - he was less than fresh.

 12. Leaving the mall we passed this car again. The owners left the window down and the door unlocked, so of course I DOUBLE dog dared Mel to get in for a photo.
Unfortunately this is when the camera died.....

4 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like the two of you had a fantastic day... Such fun to visit places from the past - and then act goofy together. :)

My favorite was the "live hat display"

Teena in Toronto said...

You guys are crazy :)

Pete Cullen said...

Oh my, Julie those mountains are beautiful I'm not surprised you miss them.
Now that's what we like to see a nice, fun day :)

Lucrecia Bloggia said...

Ha,Ha,Ha!!!
You seem to have had a lot of fun!

I like your attempt to photography creativity! ;¬)