Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My awesome birthday present

For my birthday this year I got a Portable Satellite Radio.
I am SO in love with it! I have been having a complete blast learning all of it's cool features and listening to Internet radio at work.
I love music. Living way in the far North my options for radio stations is limited. I also spend  such a short amount of time in my vehicle each day commuting that I get limited opportunities to listen to music as much as I would like. I don't have a radio in my office or at home. (The reason we don't have one at home is because of my dearest son Max who is obsessed with electronics and takes everything to pieces) but regardless of the reasons, I miss music in my life immensely. My spouse knows this about me. She also knows how much I have wanted to listen to Rosie O'Donnell's radio program since it came on the air one year ago.
My portable satellite radio gives me music and so much more. As I type this blog entry I am listening to an e-book I downloaded to my portable radio from the library.
I can program the receiver to record radio programs and store them for me for whenever I chose to tune in.I am figuring out how to do this now so I can program Rosie's broadcast and save it each day. I can upload my own music files onto it also, and I have already mentioned it's ability to store audio books.
Such an awesome gift. I am still learning about it's cool features, but I will be enjoying this gift for a while.
I LOVE birthdays!

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Very cool!

I listen to an FM 80s radio station or my ipod.

The Bumbles said...

Isn't technology grand?! Happy belated birthday. I'm glad you received such a perfect gift for you.