Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: My Sister's Wedding

My sister was married in Utah on Saturday. I travelled to the wedding and had a magnificent time (and I don't even care I spent my layover in the Denver airport on the way home puking my guts out!)

Here are thirteen photos from her wedding day (actually 12 from the wedding day and one from the day after!) Link to other Thursday Thirteen participants HERE.

I just need to say that this wedding would not have happened in such a beautiful way if not for my aunts and for my cousin's Shanna and Ashleigh. Shanna has a wedding company in Utah - Platinum weddings - and they did all the decorations. My mom lives in South Africa and my sister lives in Idaho and my extended family pulled this wedding together for Utah on short notice and it was awesome.

1. The wedding dress ready to go...
 2. MARRIED!
 3. Bride and Mother.
 4. Bride
 6. Sisters and the Groom.
 7. Bride and her brother. It was freezing cold so Jared was following Jill around and every time she wasn't in a photo he was putting a coat around her. He surprised everyone by showing up the morning of the wedding, no-one thought he was coming but he drove his family from Calgary to Salt Lake overnight to make it to the wedding o Saturday.
 8. The happy (and cold) couple.
 9. Finishing touches on the cake.

 10. Sister putting bows on the lanterns at the reception entrance.

 11. Cousin Rich holding a pin. My aunt told him to hold it and walked away - she never came back!
 11. Rich pinning flowers on Jared. He didn't have a suit so right before the reception my uncle Marvin stripped off his suit and gave it to Jared to wear. Thanks Uncle Marvin!

 12. Leaving the reception mom sat in the back seat and held the flowers.

 13. Jared and Brad saying goodbye after the weekend was over.  Cousin Love.

3 comments:

Sandee said...

Awww...how wonderful. I'm glad you had a great time. I'm sorry that you were sick at the airport though.

Have a terrific day. :)

Thursday Thirteen

Teena in Toronto said...

Looks like a lovely wedding!

{S.T.U.F.F.} said...

I luv weddings! The bride is gorgeous, the groom handsome & the sisters look like they're having a blast! And nothing like 'cousin love'.

What a great looking family