Thursday, May 5, 2011

Craft night thanks to Aunty R.

Last night at our house was craft night. Much fun was had by ALL!
Much thanks to Auntie R. who provided the evenings entertainment...




 Yes, his fingernails are painted - but I was able to bribe him to let me cut them before I painted them !




It used to be more difficult for me to stand back and let them do their own thing. I had an idea of how things should look and I wanted to make sure that the finished product looked a certain way. I have that inclination no longer. Sure, I would like to do one MYSELF the way "I" would like to - but I love that they dive into projects with little or no help. They have a lifetime ahead of people who will tell them what to do and to colour things a certain way and not to mix the pain colours, but our time with them now I want to be just fun, without restriction, that they will remember and love to talk about as they get older.
Thanks Auntie R for sending us this AWESOME project. We loved it!!!

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Budding artists! I bet they had a great time :)

The Bumbles said...

I love your approach - you are right. We are told what to do and how to do it our whole lives. Fostering our own ideas and creativity is as important a lesson as any growing up.