Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So much has happened, culminating in a visit to the ER!





It's been a while since we spent a day in the emergency room but our track record ended yesterday when CJ fell through a window pane and cut his knee badly.
He was outside and in his Ski pants AND pants and was cut through both of them. My poor little guy was a real trouper though. AS we sat in the hospital waiting for the doctor he played games on my phone. He REALLY wants a motorcycle, but the time to try and convince Shel of that was NOT while we were waiting to get him stitched up!
I must say that the WORST part of parenting has to be seeing your kids in pain. I held him while the doc was putting in the freezing and he SCREAMED. He was looking at me with these HUGE crocodile tears streaming down his face. I was just holding him saying "Sorry buddy, sorry buddy, it will stop hurting soon."
This morning he said his knee was "good" and Max was following him around telling him not to run, so he will be well looked after these next two weeks as we wait for stitches to be removed.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh that looks painful! Happy to hear the little guys knee is "good" today!

Michelle said...

Kids are so resilient! I think I wouldn't have been serene enough to play games on the phone. What a trooper!

Teena in Toronto said...

Poor baby! I hope he's okay now.