Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday Thirteen: Shuffle on my ipod

I LOVE to listen to music. My sons and my spouse are the same. My boys are at a stage where they sing and make up songs. I LOVE to listen to them singing. Singing brings me joy. Max likes "drumming" sings and country music for some reason?  Here are some of the songs you might find yourself listening to if you picked up my ipod and put it on shuffle.
1. Miranda Lambert. "The House that Built Me."

I will admit that I am not a regular listener of music of the country variety, so it is strange for me to pick a country song FIRST, but these are in no particular order! I guess what I like so much about this song is that it can resonate with you even if you don't like country music! Everyone has a place that built them (or many places) and a few of us need some healing.

2. Beth Hart. "L.A. Song"

I like the tone in Beth Hart's voice and I particularly like the lyrics " I drank so hard the bottle ached." I don't drink, but I could!

3. Lea Michelle. (Glee) "Get it Right"

I watched Glee for a season - or maybe two and haven't watched it since, but I LOVE this original song written for the show and performed by Lea Michelle. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get it right!

4. Ronan Keating "When you Say Nothing at All."

Nottinghill is one of my all time favorite movies. I LOVE this song :)

5. P!nk "Dear Mr President"

I imagine I could do a list just of the P!ink songs I like, but the message from this song has special meaning to me.

6. Outcast. "Hey Ya"

This was one of the first CD's Max used to love to listen to. There's a lot of explicit lyrics in songs by these guys!! I had to put it away.

7. GodSmack. "Voodoo"

I will admit that Godsmack is not a group I actually listen to, so how I came across this song I would be hard pressed to recall. In spite of that, I LOVE this song!

8. Hawksley Workman, "Smoke Baby"

If you have never listened to this song I challenge you to check it out and NOT get it stuck on your brain.

9. Mumford and Sons, "Little Lion Man"

10. Walk Off The Earth. "Somebody That I Used to Know."

I am not usually a fan of covers. This song is originally performed by Goyte, but I actually prefer this version, and the video they made brings a smile to my face.

11. Andrews Sisters. "Boogie Woggie Bugle Boy"

The Andrews Sisters are my guilty pleasure.

12. Christina Perry " Jar of Hearts"

I have someone I would like to dedicate this song to. If I ever see him again, which I likely won't.

13. KT Tunstall " Black Horse and a Cherry Tree"

If I play this song loudly I can get the boys doing some wicked air drums!

1 comment: