Saturday, July 7, 2012

birthday boy

When I was growing up a birthday was a special thing. My parents didn't have a lot of money but a birthday was all about the person whose day it was. We got to choose a cereal for breakfast (normally we didn't have cereal in the house). We got to choose what we wanted for a special supper and mom always made whatever it is that we wanted.
We would all get up in the morning before dad went to work (if he was in town) and we would gather on mom and dad's bed. Everyone would sing "Happy Birthday" and we would get five chocolate bars - one from each other person in the family. Having a birthday was a fun, happy time and I loved my birthday.
Now I am a parent and I have to say I am just as excited for my boys to have birthdays as I was to have one.
My baby boy, my humpback whale, turns FOUR today. I cannot believe he is four already. The time has just flown by. I am SUPER excited for his day today. I hope that my sons will have as great memories about their birthdays as I do.
Happy birthday my boy.
I love you.











1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy birthday! Boy, has he grown!!