Friday, September 28, 2012

I have to eat my words, and more on word verfication

Earlier this month I posted about word verification and how annoying it was. I try to comment on blogs when I get a chance but often don't end up posting after trying many times to comprehend the wacky "word verification" without success. I wondered if there were a ton of spammers out there attempting to post comments on blogs and I took the word verification off my blog.
Well. I have to say THAT was a huge pain in the bum.

I wouldn't say I was "inundated" with spam posts, but I got enough that they annoyed me.

Here is an example of one of the comments left for me:


But fashion really modify this conventional notion, with miniskirt and T-shirt, ladies can show their
personality in the street. It is html address
an opportunity for youngers to show their character in one particular moment. Follow the trend of html address
stars, discount Uggs boots clearance, now it is general circumstance in summer time,
the really significant  html address
hooks could even hold clothes products like hats
After I mastered beef stew, I progressed to mustard chicken, potato salad, and broccoli de rape. I also discovered Colwin brief story collections: Passion and Influence, The Lone Pilgrim, and An additional Marvelous Issue. I read and re-read Girl Skating from The Lone Pilgrim, wondering if I could ever learn to write that spare and sophisticated prose,
As a direct response to her brother's lack of shame, every single year at Christmas and on her birthday Veronica refuses to admit she desires any gift at all. This makes her my most hard youngster to shop for. Shopping for teenage girls is one thing that I dread


Wacky.
And I couldn't be bothered dealing with them, so I am eating my words and putting word verification back up - even though I hate it.

2 comments:

Ranavan said...

Yup, the word verfication but the spambots are worse....I tried the same thing as you...and went back to word verification.

Teena in Toronto said...

I turned mine off for a day and got slammed with spam :(