Friday, October 19, 2012

supper creativity failed

I was trying to be creative this weekend in cooking a meal for the kids. Sometimes I feel as though we get into a rut of eating the same things over and over again and although I have no complaints personally sometimes I think I should be a "better mother" and branch out in preparing meals for the kids.

They like tuna sandwiches but we had no bread so I thought I would make a tuna casserole. They like tuna, cheese and macaroni - what could go wrong?

I checked out a recipe online and whipped everything up and thought I was quite impressive. Alas, no-one ate the creative dinner I was so proud of. Well, that's not entirely true - Mikey ate it, but Mikey eats everything!

While I was making casserole Max made tuna filling for sandwiches all by himself and he and CJ ate tuna sandwich filling without the bread instead of my tuna casserole!!

Scratch tuna casserole off the list of supper possibilities. I can hardly blame them. I didn't eat any of it myself!

2 comments:

CJ said...

I have come to rely on Pinterest for our menu planning! Now it never gets boring! I love all the easy, inexpensive and awesome crock pot ideas!

Sorry! I just realized I sound like a cheap commercial!

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm not a fan of cooking. I cook cuz I have to eat.