Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Royal Canada Humane Silver Medal of Bravery for my brother


I am the oldest of five children. I have a lot of memories of my younger brothers and sisters - as I am certain everyone does of theirs. When I think of my brother Justin, even though he is now in his 30's, I STILL think of him like this:
 
 
 
He's a cool cat. He is a lover of kids, of animals and of his siblings.
 
I happen to like him considerably, so do our dogs - and his dogs.
 

 
My two sons happen to think there is not a cooler man who walks the earth and we do little to alter their opinion. One of the reasons they love him so much is because he treats them like people. He pays attention to them and he gets on THEIR LEVEL and plays with them.
 

Two years ago he was on location of an explosion in the Canadian rockies. Here is a  link to a news story about the event from when it happened.

http://www.fitzhugh.ca/news/1330-ten-rescued-from-explosion

He did something remarkable and he has been honored this week in Edmonton for his Bravery.

Here is the podcast of my brothers interview following his award of the Silver medal of Bravery from the Royal Canadian Humane Association.

I have mentioned him and his act of bravery before and since this all happened this week I wanted to give him a shout out again - but I also wanted to let people know the guy behind the medal -
The kid loving, older sister adoring, face pulling, song pop winning, cool cat. (Who by the way, in his lifetime has never beaten me at arm wrestling!)

So - here he is ladies and gentlemen. My brother. The hero.



1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Your brother sounds like a cool guy!

Great pic of him when he was a kid :)