Wednesday, January 9, 2013

99 things to do

In 2011 I decided I would track my journey to accomplish 99 things.
I love to make lists and I had seen this somewhere and I thought it was a good idea. I made the list at the beginning of the year and added to it as I went along. I enjoyed it and I was looking back at past blogs and thought I would do it again. I laughed because I had some things on my list in 2011 that I have still not completed and it is 2013. Dang procrastination! I want to start out the year with 99 things. So far I have 66 so I am off to a good beginning. The first part of my list are things from the 2011 list that were never completed.

Oh the shame!

1. Write monthly letters to my sons.
2. Finish my thesis.
3. Graduate with my masters degree. Hopefully people will start calling me "master" - especially my sons...
4. Do at least ONE cross stitch project.
5. Renew my first aid.
6..Make myself a bookmark.
7. Work on the boy's baby books.
8. Get the boys passports.
9. Take a trip to see family in the U.S.A.
10. Take a family picture at Lake Louise.
11. Finish at least ONE of my cross stitch nativity people for my mom's cross stitch nativity and send it to her.
12. Send out a family letter.
13. Stain the deck.
14. Fix the barn windows.
15. Install new screens in windows.
16. Install new screen doors - front and back.
17. Plant a garden.
18. Get a tattoo.
19. Make curtains for the bathroom.
20. Make curtains for the back porch.
21. Make curtains for the upstairs hallway.
22. FIX the sewing machine and mend some clothing.
23. Pay my 2012 taxes EARLY!

Here are some things on my list that I am adding for the first time this year.

24. Re roof the house
25. Paint the rooms that need it the most.
26. Read 52 books.
27. Finish the Canadian book Challenge before July 1 2013.
28. Figure out what is happening on my spouses immigration.
29. Take the family camping.
30. Get motorcycles for my sons.
31. Fix Tinkey Winkey
32. Finish my drawing blog challenge.
33. Start taking more photos.
34. Learn ONE new thing about my camera and use it.
35. Knit squares enough to make a blanket for CJ.
36. Have a birthday party for Max
37. Do some kind of dog training with Rescue Puppy.
38. Get boots for Shels snowshoes.
39. Get snowshoes.
40. Fix the tire on the snow blower.
41. Start writing in my journal again.
42.  Send a "for fun"care package to my mom.
43. Send more of the kids artwork to granny and gramma. At least ONE thing per month.
44. Send had written letters to my siblings telling them why I love them.
45. Hang photos of our family in our house.
46. Update all my legal paperwork to my correct last name.
47. Get Shel a new pair of glasses.
48. Plant flowers.
49. Participate in 12 of 12 each month (even though Chad Darnell doesn't do it anymore!)
50. Finish a photobook for each of the boys for 2012.
52. update the memory on the computer
53. Download the photos from the computer to an external drive.
54. buy some BC cherries and can them with mom.
55. Move the fire pit.
56. Buck up the dead trees in the yard.
57. PLANT TREES
58. Put up a fence.
59. Give a thank-you gift to the Weeninks.
60. Put up the new bookshelves.
61. Sort the boxes in the playhouse.
62. Fix the windows in the playhouse.
63. Fix up the kids playroom at the top of the stairs.
64. Get an electrician to wire the back porch, and our bedroom. (phase two)
65. Send the bumbo chair to Jared.
66. Get new Wedding rings for our 15th anniversary!
67. Participate in Thursday 13 regularly.



 

No comments: