Saturday, September 19, 2015

Gratitude Week 12: a city I have visited


I absolutely love travelling. I used to travel more and I haven’t in the past few years gone anywhere really interesting. I love Singapore, Seattle, San Francisco (maybe it’s a thing for places starting with the letter ‘s”)?

The reason I am not going to write about any of those places is because I think lots of people like them and there’s probably lots and lots of information out there about cool things that have to do with those places.

I decided instead to write about Bellingham. Why Bellingham you ask? Well I love Washington state for one, and I lived there for a number of years, first as a missionary and then I returned and lived there and taught karate. I lived in a number of places north and east of Seattle and loved all of them, but Bellingham was one of my favorite places.

Bellingham is about 90 miles north of Seattle, 21 miles south of the Canadian border and about 52 miles south of Vancouver, B.C.  it sits right on the north Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands are further to the west ( I also love the San Juans). The North Cascade mountains are east. I love the combination of ocean and mountains.

There are parks, trails, two community colleges, a university all in Bellingham. I absolutely LOVE it. I am grateful that I was able to visit Bellingham. I would never have known what a great place it is. For a long time I wanted to live there. Now I am in Canada and will never live in the USA but I would be very happy to visit Bellingham again. 



No comments: