Thursday, September 17, 2015

School is in session


School is back in session and we have moved the kids to a different school this year. It was one of the most difficult decisions to make, but I am glad we chose to. Max is doing so well, better than he has done before. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for my number two boy. He has never liked school and it was a HUGE struggle at the end of last year to get him to class every day. He was absolutely miserable. Well he is just as miserable, only older and acting out more. Thankfully this school is dealing with it phenomenally and his teacher and two of the school aides are away today and tomorrow in training specifically to deal with him. UNFORTUNATELY they have asked us to keep him home the next two days because the sub teacher simply cannot deal with him. I am at a complete loss. I have no idea what to do. I don’t know why he is acting out – and since I have no idea the origin of his loathing of school I feel helpless in finding a solution. All I know is that it is hard. Hard on him, hard on us, hard on the teacher and the aides in the classroom. I hope we find a solution soon or its going to be a LONG year.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hoping for the best for you! I have no idea how you parents do it. Amazing.